Every other month (Jan, Mar, May, July, Sept), the Texas Range Webinar Series provides one Texas Department of Agriculture CEU for agricultural pesticide applicators. In November/December we offer a “Last Chance” opportunity where all 5 of that year’s webinar are available for CEU credit. The rules below describe how a licensed applicator can earn credit.
Rules for Earning CEUs
- Register and pay a $10 fee for each CEU desired.
A registration link is available in the details page of the webinar you choose. Visit the upcoming webinars or recorded webinars page for a list of webinars. Note: Webinars are not always available for a CEU – see intro paragraph above.
- Watch the webinar a minimum of 50 minutes.
You are encouraged to enter “live” webinars early to reduce the risk of dropping below 50 minutes due to technical difficulties. We track archived webinar participation, so be sure to watch the entire session.
- Each license may only be awarded one CEU per webinar regardless of whether you watch it live or archived.
Certificates of Completion
Certificates of completion are awarded after ensuring that the rules above were met. No further action is required on the part of the participant to receive a certificate.
The certificates are emailed by the beginning of the following month to the email address provided during registration (the AgriLife email address is used for CEAs and other exempt individuals).
- If you watched a recorded webinar, expect your certificate to be in your inbox by the first part of the following month. Check your junk mailbox if you do not see it.
- If you participated in the live webinar, expect your certificate to be in your inbox within a couple of weeks.
Limits on CEUs Earned Online
TDA has capped the amount of CEUs applicators are allowed to earn online. Webinars viewed “live” with the speaker online to answer questions and interact with the participants is not considered a “correspondence” class (technically counts like an in-person class). These rules apply to webinars watched archived, or recordings.
- Private Applicator — Maximum of 10 CEUs online
Licensed private applicators are required to recertify every five years by obtaining 15 continuing education credits, including two (2) credits in laws and regulations and two credits in integrated pest management (IPM), prior to expiration of the license.
- Commercial/Non-Commercial Applicator — All 5 every other year
Commercial applicators must renew annually and obtain five CEUs each year. Noncommercial applicators must renew annually and obtain five CEUs each year. One CEU must be in the laws & regulations category and one CEU must be in either integrated pest management (IPM) or drift minimization.